Thai green curry has lots of variations. We keep ours pretty simple and fairly mild too. I am hopeful that one day soon Bear and Bee will be wiling to try this delicious curry as a complete dish rather than just the individual components of chicken, vegies, rice and naan bread.
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Serves 2 adults and 2 children
2 tablespoons green curry paste
400ml light coconut cream
300g chicken thigh fillets, cubed
200g vegetables (we used green beans, peas and shallots but capsicum, broccoli and zucchini would work well too)
1 pkt microwave ready brown rice
4 naan breads, toasted
1. Prepare the vegetables. Bear snapped the beans and Bee shelled some of the peas (yes they are sugar snap peas she is shelling. I know they aren't supposed to be shelled but that's the way Bee likes them!)
|The rounded edges on beans make them tricky to cut. Snapping is a good option.|
2. In a medium sized saucepan, fry the curry paste for 1 minute. This increases the flavour.
3. Pour in the coconut cream. Mix well and bring to the boil.
4. Add in the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Serve the curry with the rice and bread.
If you would like to try making your own naan bread check out our past post N is for Naan Bread.